Updated 18th April 2021
The Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) was established in 1952, with branches in over 190 countries. RCCG Jesus Assembly, London is a Registered Charity (Charity No:1158123) and Company Limited by Guarantee in the UK.
This Privacy Notice explains what to expect when the RCCG Jesus Assembly, London collects and uses your personal information. Please endeavour to read this notice carefully, and if there are further enquiries about data protection and privacy policies, please contact our RCCG Jesus Assembly, London UK Office.
All data subjects whose data is processed by RCCG Jesus Assembly, London
Our responsibility is to ensure that this notice is made available to potential data subjects before collecting/processing their personal data.
All RCCG Jesus Assembly, London Staff who interact with data subjects are responsible for ensuring that this notice is drawn to the data subject’s attention. Their consent to the processing of their data is secured.
RCCG Jesus Assembly, London is committed to respecting your privacy and ensuring the personal information you have entrusted to us is held securely. We process personal information following the Data Protection Act 1998, Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 and the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into force on the 25th of May 2018. The GDPR will strengthen your rights to privacy and give you control over the personal information that organisations hold about you.
We collect personal information in the following ways:
Directly from you when you:
- Register for RCCG Jesus Assembly, London events;
- Donate – offering, tithes, special offerings, seed faith and projects.
- Join our passionate volunteer workforce, including serving as valuable trustees;
- Apply for a job to join our fantastic office team;
- Work for us as a contractor or a supplier;
- Visit our website. Please see our Cookies section for more information;
- Contact us with an enquiry;
- Complete an application form for any of our services;
- Complete a survey;
From other sources:
- Information made available publicly by Charity Commission, Companies House or information that has been published in newspapers and articles;
- We may use Google or other search engines, Royal Mail’s postcode finder, National Change of Address update (NCOA®) or the electoral roll, to check the accuracy of the address or data we hold;
Fair Processing Notice
What is Personal Data?
Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation:
Personal Data is defined as “any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
Sensitive Personal Data
- The Data Protection Act recognises some information as ‘sensitive personal data. This includes, but is not limited to, information that reveals your religious beliefs, health records, race or ethnic origin.
- RCCG Jesus Assembly, London is a Church committed to preserving its Christian ethos and its beliefs following our statement of faith (further details are available on our websiterccgjesusassembly.org.uk. Where necessary and consented to, we may collect details about your personal faith.
- Additionally, we collect details about any health concerns or disabilities you have disclosed so we can meet any additional customer service requirements.
- We also receive prayer requests, and the information may reveal sensitive personal data. As a praying church, we may share and pray for these needs at our internal prayer sessions.
- We will always treat any sensitive personal data we process with greater care and process the information following the Data Protection Act.
Why We Collect Your Personal Information
- To carry out our primary objective, advance the Christian Faith and the Relief of Poverty. The benefit of being on our correspondence list is that you get information about our outreach events, training for spiritual and physical development and real-time information on how we are reaching out to our community and responding to your queries and acknowledging the donations you make. You may also get a notification on Prayer and Fasting Programmes, notification on consultations that affect the Christian Faith, notification of other events on the Christian Calendar globally.
- To process any donations or sponsorship made.
- To reclaim tax on Gift Aid donations, if applicable.
- To verify that you are over 18 and, if not, obtain permission from your parent/guardian to process your information or accept any regular donations.
- To enable us to take greater care when engaging with our senior citizens
- When you visit our website, we may gather information about which pages you visit to help us improve and provide you with the best service.
- To determine and improve the effectiveness of our website and publicity campaigns.
- To keep you informed about our activities.
- To enable us to contact you with relevant and the most appropriate information.
- To manage and coordinate our volunteers.
- For compliance with employment law and other statutory requirements.
How the RCCG Jesus Assembly, London uses your information
- RCCG Jesus Assembly, London will process – that means to collect, store and use – the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date and not keep it for longer than is necessary. In some instances, the law sets the length of time information has to be kept, but in most cases, RCCG Jesus Assembly, London will use its discretion to ensure that we do not keep records outside of our normal business requirements.
- Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure.
- We may pass your personal data on to our service providers who are contracted to the RCCG Jesus Assembly, London, in the course of dealing with you. Our contractors are obliged to keep your details securely and use them only to fulfil the service they provide you on our behalfs, such as registration or payment processing. Once your service needs have been satisfied or the case has been closed, they will dispose of the details in line with our record retention. If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party, we will only do so once when have obtained your consent unless we are legally required to do so.
- When you donate to us in church, online or over the phone using credit/debit card, cash, cheque, Pay Pal and so on, RC will ensure this is done or processed securely following the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard.
- We love sharing news about what God is doing through the Church and the resources, including events organised to advance our primary objectives. This includes sending you information about our work, news, events, and volunteering and prayer requests.
- Email and text marketing:
We will ask for your permission to contact you by email or text for marketing purposes.
- Postal marketing:
From time to time, we may send you information about our work unless you have told us you would prefer not to receive this information by post. If you have registered with the Mail Preference Service (MPS), we will only send you marketing communication by post if you have permitted us to do so.
- Telephone marketing:
We may call to update you on the vital work we are doing. If you have registered your number with the Telephone Preference Service (TPS), we will only make marketing calls to you if you have permitted us to do so.
- By consenting to this, you are permitting us to perform those actions.
- RCCG Jesus Assembly, London is committed to respecting your choice to receive marketing information. You can update your permission and contact preferences at any time by:
- Calling:0300 111 1111
Clicking theunsubscribe link included in each email communication or text message we send.
Who We Share Your Information With
RCCG Jesus Assembly, London is part of the global RCCG family with branches in over 190 countries both inside the European Union and outside the European Economic Area (EEA). We will only share personal information as is necessary to fulfil our administrative needs.
RCCG Jesus Assembly, London is committed to ensuring that where data is to be transferred overseas, adequate levels of data protection safeguards when processing your personal information are in place.
We may also share your personal information with trusted third parties where they are contracted to develop or maintain our systems.
We monitor information security compliance and have written contracts that obligate our partners or third-party providers to process your personal information only on our instructions and following applicable data protection and privacy laws.
RCCG Jesus Assembly, London and any of its affiliate entities may be under a duty to disclose your personal information where required to comply with any legal obligation.
How Long We Keep Your Data
RCCG Jesus Assembly, London will only keep your personal information for as long as required and follow statutory requirements. For example, HMRC requires that we keep a record of your name, address and Gift Aid declaration for six years from the date of your last donation. When your personal information is no longer required; we will ensure that it is disposed of securely.
If you have indicated that you do not wish to hear from us in the future, we will keep the minimum information necessary to ensure we avoid contacting you any further.
Your Information Rights And Choices
The Data Protection Act (DPA) gives you the right:
- To request in writing and securely obtain copies of personal informationRCCG Jesus Assembly, London holds about you.
- To correct or update your personal information processed by the RCCG Jesus Assembly, London.
- To request the RCCG Jesus Assembly, London, to stop using your personal information for marketing purposes or any other purpose where there is no legal requirement for continued processing.
The Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR) gives you the right:
- To choose whether or not to receive marketing communication from us by email, text or telephone. Please see the Marketing Permissions section for more information about changing or updating your contact permissions and preferences.
- To know about the cookies RCCG Jesus Assembly, London uses so that you can decide whether to permit us to store a cookie on your device. Please see the Cookies section for more information.
For more information about your information rights, visit www.ico.org.uk
Reporting Concerns or Compliments
Please contact us if you wish to raise a concern about the RCCG Jesus Assembly, London’s handling of your personal information, or compliment what you think we have done well.
You also have the right to complain with the Information Commissioner’s Office about how we manage your data.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
RCCG Jesus Assembly, London will review our privacy notice regularly. The terms of this notice may be updated at any time, for example, in the event of changes in law and how we operate. Please do check our website from time to time. If there are any significant changes in how we process your personal information, we will provide a prominent notice on our website or send a notification. This notice was last updated in March 2018.
Here is a brief overview of the types of cookies we use on our websites:
- We may use both “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies on the website. We will use the session cookies to keep track of you whilst you navigate the website andother reasonable uses. We will use the persistent cookies to: enable our website to recognise you when you visit.
- Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted or until they reach a specified expiry date.
- We use Google Analytics to analyse the use of this website. Google Analytics generates statistical and other information about website use using cookies stored on users’ computers. The information generated relating to our website is used to create reports about the use of the website. Google will store this.
- Our advertisers/payment services providers may also send you cookies.
- Cookies to improve your experience: we use a small number of cookies on our website to help you get the best experience.
We embed YouTube videos on our website regularly. We cannot prevent these sites, or external domains, from collecting information on your usage of this embedded content. If you are not logged in to these external services, they will not know who you are but are likely to gather anonymous usage information, such as the number of views, plays, loads, etc.
How to Manage Your Cookies Settings
Many web browsers, such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Safari, will control cookies through their settings. To manage your cookie settings, please refer to your browser software. For more information about cookies and how to delete them, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org
Acceptance of Cookie Use